My Sketchbook

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fused plastic Lariat - A new design





Part of my Fused Plastic Jewelry Collection. Made with fused plastic grocery bags and sterling silver.

I love lariats. They are such beautiful necklaces. I designed one a while back using my fused plastic flowers, but was not completely satisfied with the results because necklaces, and especially lariats need to have a certain weight to them in order to feel right. Since fused plastic is very light, I was not getting the results I was looking for. I finally decided to add a few quartz beads, and I am quite pleased with the results. They not only give a little extra weight to the lariat, but also add sparkle and interest to the gaps in between the fused plastic flowers, and since they are transparent, they don't take attention away from the piece itself, but enhance it instead. You can find this lariat along with many other of my handmade jewelry pieces available for purchasing here.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, they've been thermo-fused. Thanks for your comment, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love your work ;)

    I'm just getting started with paper jewelry and found a project with fused grocery bags in a craft mag. What is thermo-fused?

    Millie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin