My Sketchbook

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wearable Art Blog

Today, Ann Jenkins let me know I was featured in this wonderful blog called Wearable Art. I feel honored and thankful for this feature. This is what she said of my work:

"She does some pretty incredible, one-of-a-kind metal pieces; my favorite ones are her mixed-metal work. The flower ring (left) is made with copper and sterling silver with a verdigris patina. The Plenilunio (or moon) Ring (below) is made with fused sterling silver and copper (fusing silver and copper into a brass creates this other-planet-like texture). 3379705182_51a89fe8b5 Even though I love Del Giudice's metal work, I also admire her fused plastic pieces. Below (right) is a choker with plastic flower which features a cultured peacock pearl and some vintage velvet. Looking at this piece, you would never know that the flower is made from a plastic bag. Go to Etsy for more work by Cynthia Del Giudice". Il_430xN_36704541

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cynthia,

    Thank you for the nice recognition of the Wearable Art Blog. I enjoy featuring the work of up-and-coming artists and was happy to feature your work. I appreciate your enthusiasm for the Wearable Art Blog - that makes my day!

    Best,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ring is gorgeous! Thanks for supporting artists. We truly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin